Monday, September 6, 2010

I Can't Git No Satisfaction...

When are we truly satisfied with our lot?

I can look at my life, and quite frankly I KNOW I have a lot that others don't have, and I am truly grateful for it. But there is this persistent niggle of dissatisfaction. It isn't really that I want what other people have, as on a material level I really don't care about those things. But there is something I don't have, and I want it.

Is the problem that I don't really know what it is though? Is it because I am unsatisfied with who I am? Do I really not like myself that much? (I don't think that is true. I mean, we all have those moments, but deep down, I think I am pretty alright actually.)

Is it because there are things that I thought I would achieved in my life by now, and I haven't? Perhaps, but there are things I have achieved that I would have never imagined doing, so it isn't just that.

I have now come back to this post a day later, and re-reading I do wonder what my problem is? I do have a tendency to pick at things that shouldn't be picked at, and then wonder why it is all coming apart. But there is something going on in my head that I need to get through. So please bear with me, while I sort it out..