Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Personal stuff. Please walk past if not interested.

I have been having some stomach issues for a while now, and I am finally getting them investigated. The general consensus is either IBS or Coeliac's, but probably IBS. However, just to be safe I have had some pretty invasive tests to see if there is anything to be worried about.

The ultrasound found something. It isn't anything to do with the issues that I was having investigated. It is a 4cm cyst on my right ovary. It looks benign, and the sonographer said it probably wasn't anything to be worried about since they are really common and usually go away of their own accord. It does mean I have to book an appointment with the GP and be rescanned in about 5-6 weeks.

I am really not sure how I am feeling about this. I have googled for information, as you do and the main thing that I am concerned about is that it might not go away and I have to have it surgically removed. I don't think it is anything worse than that, but obviously it does go through your mind.

But I can't worry about it, since until I have something to worry about, there is no point. Yeah. I know, easier said than done.

I also googled the spiritual implications of ovarian cysts. I don't completely follow the belief that such ailments are caused by spiritual imbalances or past actions, but perhaps there might be something to it. It certainly isn't going to hurt looking down these paths. Especially when certain aspects of it make sense.

I have been complaining like mad that I have let my creative side slip by the wayside. There is part of me that longs to get creative again. And I haven't been. And apparently a cyst of the ovaries (which are considered to be part of the woman's creative centre) means that the creative flow that isn't being released is growing where it shouldn't. Makes for some interesting thoughts.

So this time, if this is a hint to get off my arse and get doing, then I am taking it. I can't afford not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment