Friday, May 1, 2009

IT'S BELTAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on a more personal, but as important level, it's my husband's BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday!

I am happy to say it actually FEELS like Beltaine today. It's sunny, warm, the blossoms are out, and it is lovely. I am sitting by my patio doors listening to birdsong. It looks like we are finally going to have a proper Summer this year.

I almost killed myself yesterday. Seriously. But not intentionally. I have a serious allergy to Brazil Nuts, but it is pretty rare that I come across them. However in an innocuous cereal bar yesterday, I did. 6% worth. Not a pleasant experience, but fortunately I could tell as soon as it went in my mouth, and I had anti-histimines on me, so I was ok. But yeah, back to checking the labels for me!

Back to Beltaine.

I won't go through all the history since we all really know it, and there are plenty of other sites that can give you that information. To me, it is the start of Summer. We don't usually have the weather to go with Summer, but it feels like it today. I even have pictures of what I think is blossoming Hawthorn on my phone, but typically I can't find the lead to connect it to the pc, so you will have to wait. I think we are going to go into countryside this weekend. I feel the need. We live quite close, but don't go as often as we should.

Here is some Beltaine Mood Music from Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment