Thursday, February 19, 2009

FFS! GET A LIFE!!

I noticed quite early on while perusing the internet, people insisting that friendships made on the internet were as meaningful and important as friendships made in Real Life. I don't mean meeting people online first, then meeting them in real life and developing a friendship; I mean online relationships that are never taken into the real world.

I have nothing against online friendships, I have lots of them. However the people that I consider to be real proper friends are the ones I have taken the next step with, and have actually met. If I haven't met you, it doesn't negate the fact that I like you and would like to meet you if we could, but it does mean that our level of friendship will never really go past a certain level. And personally, that's how I think it should be.

We are human animals. We need sight, sound, and the often neglected smell to know people. Real life interaction with people satisfies a need we all have for companionship. Someone on the end of MSN or Facebook is nice to talk to, but it is better to do it for real. In person.

Well, I was vindicated today. Dr. Aric Sigman has stated, GET OFF FACEBOOK AND GET A LIFE!

An online relationship/friendship can be meaningful only up to a point. I am NOT saying that they aren't meaningful, useful, and worth having. I am saying though, that we should also be getting the hell back out there and MEETING people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment