Monday, February 23, 2009

Disillusionment...

The meaning of disillusionment is "freeing from false belief or illusions". At face value this sounds quite positive, doesn't it? Unfortunately I think most of the time we become disillusioned when something we have believed to be true is found to be false. Which isn't necessarily a freedom that we always want. It might be the truth, but the truth can be cold, harsh and unwelcome.

I try very hard not to be a cynical, pessimistic person. It is becoming increasingly hard at the moment. I hate being in situations where I am watching from the outside and am helpless to change. All I can do is sit and wait it out.

What does this mean to me? There could be some radical changes happening in the not so distant future. They are changes that were on the cards anyway, however being prematurely pushed into the situation before we are ready could well be very uncomfortable.

To Be Continued...maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment