Monday, January 12, 2009

Because the Magick works...




A lesbian woman* was gangraped by 4 men in San Francisco. Z Budapest facilitated this ritual. With a week of this ritual, all 4 men were in custody and charged. (Here is a link for more details on the ritual, and why it was needed. http://issuu.com/zbudapest/docs/goddess )
I have never been involved in magick of this nature and thank the Goddess I haven't ever needed to. It is satisfying to know that all which was asked for, was received.


There was a small part of me though, that wonders about the British pagan scene as I know it. (And I will be the first to admit, that I have been pretty much out of it for the past 3 or so years.) Would a ritual of this nature be pulled off over here? Do we have such a community? I know that individual groups are around, and probably doing stuff like this, but the community as a whole? I dunno about that. A call out across the forums for such a ritual? Sorry. Can't see it happening.

I know I have lost faith in the Pagan Public. I know where it stems from. Being involved heavily in some forums, and trying to make something of them was one of the biggest headaches in my life until I moved away from them. I know everyone is really proud of the phrase "herding cats". You know, that "getting pagans to agree is as easy as herding cats." No, herding cats is easy, just open a tin of tuna. Everyone is so proud of being "individual" they have lost sight of the fact we are as individual as everyone else is.

Being individual doesn't make your way right. Being individual doesn't mean that you should always come first. Being individual doesn't mean that you can't work towards the same goal. Being individual means you are strong in your beliefs, but not unbending to change. It means being different, without being difficult.

I suppose what I am saying is that being an individual does not mean being a obnoxious pedantic prat. And that I wish that I could find the faith to know that if the need arose, the pagan community would come together and kick arse.


*I know, I know, what other type of lesbian is there other than a woman, but just writing lesbian didn't look right, but lesbian woman looks clunky. And although I don't know all the details I am making the distinction because it was because she was a woman and a lesbian that she was pulled from her car and attacked so viciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment