Saturday, January 17, 2009

A note to my Prime Minister

Dear Prime Minister

I chose to become a beneficial owner of Greenpeace's land on the
proposed third runway site because I disagree vehemently with the
decision to built another runway.

Your comments that it will be a "green runway" are meaningless. There
is no such thing as a "green runway". Just because a few planes might
have slightly more efficiant engines does not negate all the wasted
energy and resources in building it in the first place.

You should be looking at ways in which to reduce people's reliance on
air travel. We need to drastically reduce emissions in both aviation and
road transport, so adding more planes in the sky, and cars on the road
is blatantly not the answer.

Climate change is one of THE most important issues of our times, and it
is about time that politicians take it seriously. I don't want my
children to grow up in a world that we have irreversibly damaged. And we
are very close to doing that.

I am from a family of ardent Labour supporters. However, unless Green
issues are taken much more seriously by yourself and your Party, I will
no longer be voting for you.

Sincerely,

Me.

Click here if you want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment