Friday, January 23, 2009

Rain Rain Rain




I like rain, but I am really feeling the SAD at the moment. I look out of the window and it is murky, grey and damp. I think it stems from the dull summer last year, dull autumn and dull winter we have had. We had one week of summer holiday last year that I would call summer. Fortunately it was the week we chose to go on holiday, but I am missing sunshine at the moment.

Imbolc is on it's way, but the weather at the moment is so changable that the signs of Spring are all over the place. Some days there is a definate tang of Spring in the air. And then by the end of the week, we would have snow. I hark back to a previous post about the WOTY and I think we will have to look at following it as a series of calendered events rather than the seasons themselves as such, since the seasons are such a mess. On one hand, I think we do live in a modern society, so we need to adapt to make sense, but on the other, there is a real sense of loss because of the reasons WHY we have to make these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment